Ocean Nova is a modern and comfortable expedition vessel. She was built in Denmark in 1992 to sail the ice-choked waters of Greenland. She was fully refurbished in 2006 and has since benefitted from annual upgrades and improvements. Her ice-strengthened hull is ideally suited for expedition travel in Antarctica.
Ocean Nova has capacity for 72 passengers accommodated in comfortable outside cabins. The ship offers three categories of accommodation: dedicated Single cabins, Twin cabins, and Triple cabins, and all cabins feature a picture window, a writing desk with chair, a wardrobe, individually controlled heating system, and a private bathroom.
In addition to a glass-enclosed observation lounge and presentation room, Ocean Nova also has a spacious dining room, a bar, a library, a small gym, and an infirmary. The ship has a fleet of 7 Zodiac boats that are well suited for disembarking and wildlife watching.
* Passengers: 72
* Expedition Staff & Crew: 46
* Length: 73.0 m
* Breadth: 11.0 m
* Draft: 3.7 m
* Propulsion: Diesel engines - 2,000-horsepower
* Ice Class: 1B, EO (Hull Ice 1A)
* Cruising Speed: 12 knots in open water.
* Spacious dining room with unreserved seating: buffet-style breakfast with table service; table-service lunch and dinner with main course choices from a changing daily menu; cakes served in mid-afternoon.
* Glass-enclosed observation lounge and presentation room.
* Lounge and bar, open late morning, afternoon and evening with a wide selection of wines and spirits; coffee, tea available all day.
* Library with collection of polar-themed books.
* Ship-to-shore communications via satellite.
* Clinic with licensed doctor.
* Exercise room.
* Dedicated single cabins.
* Panorama Loung Deck
All cabins feature a picture window, a writing desk with chair, a wardrobe, individually controlled heating system, and a private bathroom with shower
* Single cabins - 8 sq. mt. - One lower single bed
* Twin cabins - 10 sq. mt. - Two lower beds
* Triple cabins - 14 sq. mt. - Two lower beds and one upper bed
* Individually-controlled airconditioning
* Cabin layout: kingsize bed, or twin beds, communicating cabins available (children welcome)
* Flat screen satellite TV
* IPod™ players
* Desk with stationery
* Electronic safe
* French bath products
* Dressing table and hairdryer
* Bath robes
* Satellite direct line telephone
* 110/220 volts
* 24hr room service